Twitch has exploded as the world’s most widely used video games streaming platform.
This broadcast platform, founded in 2011, featured almost everything you want to watch in video games.
From music and cooking to question and answer games, Twitch had gained immense popularity that allowed Justin.tv, its startup division, to rebrand itself and turned it to Twitch Interactive before Amazon acquired it.
Digital Trends reported that Twitch has over 15 million active users daily, with more than 3.8 million unique broadcasters in the first part of February 2020 alone. And this number is just an average.
Users can check the official Twitch website or use the application to watch the popular titles on the platform.
The Twitch app is available on Android, Windows, PS4, iOS, Mac, Xbox One, Chromecast, and Apple TV.
People can also access Twitch as long as their device has internet access and supports apps.
Users can create a Twitch account for free. The account is used to follow, subscribe, or leave a comment to other content makers.
Because it is expensive and consumes so much time to keep up with all video contents available on the internet, many gamers will check Twitch to know if a video game is suitable for them. This is how Twitch works.
A streamer would have two videos catching the action at one: the game and the gamer himself.
Other streamers have the opportunities to get advanced access to upcoming games, and they will get a partnership with the publisher in exchange for advertisement.
Aside from the high level of excitement, many players have also earned their livelihood through affiliation and partnerships. They do it through ads, donations, and subscriptions.
A content maker has to become a Twitch Affiliate to earn money directly. In this manner, the video maker needs to achieve a particular level of statistics and viewership.
Some important points to consider to become a Twitch Affiliate
There are certain requirements to become a Twitch Affiliate.
By the time you achieve the qualifications, Twitch invites you to become an Affiliate. This allows you to make money using the platform. Twitch Affiliates can earn money in different ways: Ads, Bits, and subscriptions.
You need to earn the following requirements to become a Twitch Affiliate:
Average of at least three concurrent viewers
Seven unique broadcast days
500 total minutes in broadcast time within the last 30 days
Some requirements to become Twitch Partners
Twitch Partners are above Affiliates, with additional privileges available to them.
While they got the same benefits as the Affiliates, Twitch Partners also have a verified user badge. They would get priority access to the support team. These access benefits include meet and greets, up to 50 emote slots, broadcast delay of up to 15 minutes, and many more.
For Twitch Affiliate to become Twitch Partner, they have to earn some level of criteria. Achieving these requirements for 30 days allows you to apply as Twitch Partner, which is subject to approval from Twitch.
You need to earn the following requirements to become a Twitch Partner:
Stream on 12 different days
Average of 75 viewers (concurrent viewership excluding hosts, raids, and embeds)
Stream for 25 hours
35 interesting facts about Twitch
Twitch is hugely popular nowadays. Business Insider has compiled some of the essential facts that make Twitch the best streaming platform in the world today:
- About 81.5 percent of Twitch users are male.
- Richard Tyler Blevins, identified as “Ninja” online, is known as a famous game streamer on Twitch.
- Twitch offers three different subscription prices for its memberships.
- The Twitch Sings app allows users to sing and record duets with other users.
- Twitch broadcasters range from 2.2 to 3.2 million monthly.
- League of Legends is one of the most widely played games on Twitch.
- League of Legends earned more than 125.65 million hours of watch time on the Twitch platform in 2019 alone.
- Amazon acquired Twitch in 2014 after it was founded by Emmet Shear, Kyle Vogt, and Justin Kan in 2006.
- Twitch has a new feature that allows users to upload pre-recorded videos on the platform.
- Twitch has available dark mode for users to adjust from the app’s default theme.
- Twitch users on the desktop can let streamers hide the view count on their live streams.
- Twitch organizes an e-sports tournament called Twitch Rivals for its streamers.
- Twitch has partnered with more than 27,000 influential streamers who also make revenues by selling some merchandizes using the official Twitch channels.
- Registered regular Twitch account holders can download live stream videos for two weeks before these were deleted from the Twitch’s servers.
- Twitch Sings allows users live stream their vocal performances either through Mac or PC.
- Twitch has allotted an e-sports directory that quickly allows viewers to find the biggest live e-sports competitions.
- There have been more than 9 million channels on Twitch since 2019.
- Twitch’s Kappa emote is the most famous emote on Twitch.
- The Twitch Launcher, also known as Curse Launcher, is a collection of Minecraft Mods that allows users to customize designs and graphics.
- A user spends an average time of 95 minutes per day on Twitch.
- Over 50 percent of Twitch users range between 18 to 34.
- Twitch has more than 15 million daily users.
- Twitch has become the world’s biggest live stream audience.
- The Twitch app competes with other social media apps like YouTube Gaming, Facebook gaming app, etc.
- GuardianCon, Player Unknown, and Games Done Quick are known streamers who contributed big over Twitch’ charities.
- The Twitch logo, officially known as The Glitch, symbolizes the Twitch community’s energy, vibrance, and enthusiasm.
- Twitch has a built-in social networking platform called Pulse to encourage fellow gamers to share posts and engage with the gaming community.
- In 2017 alone, Twitch earned a whopping $2.2 billion in revenue.
- Twitch has 72 percent more viewers compared to of YoutubeGaming.
- Twitch has more than 200 extensions available on the platform to enhance how streamers connect with their audiences.
- Twitch has more than 124 million videos to date.
- About 355 billion minutes’ worth of content is being watched every day on Twitch.
- Twitch Prime allows subscribers to enjoy exclusive in-game merchandizes.
- In 2017, Twitch raised more than $30 million for more than 100 charities.
- Battlegrounds, Fortnite, Destiny 2, and Call of Duty are some of the popular live streamed games on Twitch.