These days, every business or company is on one, two, or all social media channels. Therefore, if someone visits your social media page, there shouldn’t be ambiguity about who owns the account. The easiest way to tell everyone about the ownership of the social media pages is to add your company’s logo (unless you’re a celebrity, then go ahead and use your face that is worth more than the logo). A logo is the face of a business, and the icon is what people remember about your brand. The best example I can give you is Nike’s swish (tick) logo. Don’t trust us? Just visit Nike’s Instagram page. The logo also helps to build identity, credibility, and trust.
Now, you can either start by creating a good logo for your business or brand, and if you already have one, let’s show it off on social media. Just ensure that the logo is properly aligned, straightforward, and looks professional on all your social accounts. If you need any help with checking all of the three boxes, keep on reading, as we will help you by giving tips and instructions on how to upload on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn. Meanwhile, if you want to play on a legit online casino, open the given link.
Best practices to follow when uploading a Logo
- Use a PNG File Format – PNG or Portable Network Graphic is easy to resize without much pixelation. Many social media channels recommend using PNG files; even when running ads on Google, the preferred file format is PNG.
- When to use ICON versus WORDMARK – If your company has both an icon and a wordmark (typography-based logo), then it’s best to set up your profile picture using the icon. Because it creates a greater impact in confined dimensions. For the cover photo, you have the option to either use a wordmark or both. Most of the brands use a combination of an image with both the icon and wordmark placed on top of it. Try out the different combinations and see whichever works for you the best.
- Always Stay Consistent – No matter what, and I will repeat it again. Keeping your logo consistent is the best way to get your audience to easily recognize your company. No matter what, the same logo should be used on all of your social media accounts.
- Check the Logo on Multiple Devices – Once you’re finished uploading your logo on all the social accounts, ensure they’re not blurred. A pixelated icon can be a turn-off for a customer, or it can affect your credibility as a brand. Pick up a phone, open up a laptop, and check if they look exact and not pixelated.
Let’s move on and check out how to upload your logo on the following social media sites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn. And for those who want real cash and experience incomparable excitement playing online casino games, visit https://www.kingjohnnie.info/en/.
When you upload a profile picture on Facebook, it appears as a square on your page. But on the Newsfeed, it will appear inside a circle frame for any paid or normal posts. If your logo is square, ensure it’s properly aligned in the center, so it doesn’t crop out.
- The profile picture will display your logo at 170 x 170 pixels on a desktop; as for a smartphone, it will display 128 x 128 and 36 x 36 pixels.
- The page’s cover photo will display the image 820 pixels wide and 312 pixels horizontal on a desktop; as for a smartphone, it will display 640 pixels wide and 360 pixels horizontal.
To add or edit the Facebook profile picture:
- Log in to Facebook and head over to your Page.
- Drag your mouse over your profile picture and click on the camera icon.
- Click on the Upload Photo option.
- Select your logo .png and click on the Open button. If necessary, crop the image.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
To add or edit the Facebook cover photo:
- Drag the mouse over the cover photo and click on the Change Cover button on your page.
- Select the file you would like to Upload as the Cover Photo.
- Click on the Open button. Adjust the position of the photo if needed.
- Click on the Save button.
A smartphone is the best device to upload or edit your Instagram profile photo. Because Instagram is mostly used on a smartphone than on a desktop.
- The profile picture will display your logo at a minimum of 110 x 110 pixels. We recommend using 180 x 180 pixels for the display picture as it will not affect your resolution.
To add or edit the Instagram profile photo:
- Log in to your Instagram account from your phone > tap on Person Icon > go to your profile.
- Tap your Profile Photo > select a file to Upload Photo.
- Choose your .png logo file and click on the Choose button.
- Tap Edit Profile and choose the Change Profile Photo.
- Tap Done to save changes.
On Twitter, you will create a separate account for your business or brand, unlike Facebook, where you just need a personal account to create a business page.
- The profile picture will display your logo at 400 x 400 pixels.
- The page’s header photo will display the image 1500 pixels wide and 500 pixels horizontal.
To add or edit the Twitter profile photo:
- Log in to Twitter and click on your name to open your profile page.
- Click on the Edit Profile button placed on the right side of the Twitter page > click your profile photo.
- Select the file to Upload.
- Select your .png logo file and adjust the position if needed.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
To add or edit the Twitter header photo:
- Click on the Edit Profile button > click your Header Photo.
- Choose the file to Upload.
- Select the .png file and click on the Open button.
- Next, click on Save Changes.
Open TikTok on your mobile device and change or edit your profile picture. Like Instagram, you cannot make a company or brand page like Facebook or LinkedIn.
- The profile picture will display your logo at 100 x 100 pixels. But if you upload an image bigger than 100 pixels, until it’s 1:1, TikTok will resize the dimensions.
To add or edit the TikTok profile photo:
- Log in to your TikTok account.
- Tap the Edit Profile icon from your profile main page.
- Tap Change Photo > select the file from your photo gallery to Upload Photo. You could crop and adjust your photo if needed.
- Tap on Save.
A photo on a LinkedIn profile needs to be professional as it represents your company to different businesses and brands.
- The profile picture will display your logo at 268 x 268 pixels.
To add or edit a logo on the LinkedIn Company Page:
- Click your thumbnail photo > select Company Page > click on Manage from your personal profile.
- Click the Edit Button > select Edit page.
- Scroll down until you find your Company Logo.
- Click the Edit button, and you can also adjust the logo’s position by dragging it.
- Click on the Confirm button to save all your changes.
Uploading your company’s or brand’s logo on social media is integral for brand building. There is no need to show your presence on all social media channels. Just choose the right social channels which have 80% of your target audience. Then, just focus on creating good content that resonates with your audience for that social media channel.
Let’s recap on the necessary key takeaways:
- It’s better to use a PNG file than a JPEG unless specified by the social platform.
- After choosing your social channels, ensure you have the right dimensions of your logo to upload.
- Choose between only using an icon or a wordmark as a profile picture.
- Staying consistent with your logo is the key to building recognition.
You could also put up your logo on sites like Patreon. But wherever you decide to use your logo, make sure to design it with a high-quality tool or order one from a professional logo designer. Also, make sure to avoid the common logo design mistakes that could do more harm than good to your creator brand.