The Dark Mode, also known as Night Mode, has become one of the most-sought-after features that every user on an app is searching. As the name suggests, the dark mode allows changing the background from a typical light color to a dark one.
This dark mode lessened your eye strain while browsing or checking the device in low-light setups.
The dark mode also contributes to saving some battery life on your gadget. Interestingly, the popular streaming app Twitch allows users to enable its dark mode on its streaming. Twitch, being the most addictive platform among gaming users, will provide the steps to start its dark mode while you are on the said platform.
As a famous gaming platform among young and old alike, Twitch allows users to livestream their gaming videos and plan and chat with their online buddies while having fun with their games. Developers of the app launched Twitch’s built-in dark theme support in January 2019.
“Switching to dark mode can be a beneficial change ..often just looks better than the standard viewing mode,” game expert Matthew Burleigh, of Solve Your Tech.
Additionally, the feature gives a new look to the site or app. Not to mention, you can toggle on or off quite quickly.
Beaulah Sahana, of All Things How, maintained that dark mode is an exciting way to use the app, particularly when you are “an avid dark theme dependent and find the system default theme (light theme) on Twitch uncomfortable.”
“The method to enable this theme is minutely different on the respective devices. It’s a breeze, nonetheless. If you’re sharing the same account on two devices, a change of theme on one will not affect the other,” Sahana said.
However, you need to set the theme manually in each gadget.
Accordingly, the Twitch launcher dark mode came into being following the requests from the online video gaming community. Stream Scheme reported that users in the past had to download additional browser extensions that enabled dark mode on the app before the dark mode was introduced.
How to Launch the Dark Mode on Twitch App
The coming of dark mode in the Twitch app is a welcome development to all users. Not only does it minimize eye strain, it also makes the app looks good during nighttime usage. This advantage is just one of the many reasons why the feature is trendy to the users.
“Whether you are using the Twitch app on your android phone or the Twitch website on web browsers like Google Chrome or Edge, enabling the dark mode setting is quite simple,” assured Dyami Rodriguez, of Stream Mentor
If you are using Twitch on your desktop, can follow the steps below to turn on the dark theme of the app.
- Open a web browser on your Mac or Windows, and type the Twitch website.
- Click Login and write your account credentials (username and password).
- Click your Profile icon on the top right corner and choose Dark Theme.
- The dark theme will be enabled on your PC screen.
- To disable the dark mode, click the Profile icon and turn off the dark theme.
On iOS and Android
If you are using Twitch on your Android or iPhone, you can follow the guide below to activate the dark theme.
- Open the Twitch app on your iOS and Android phones.
- Sign in with your login credentials if you’re signed out.
- Click the Profile icon on the top left corner.
- Click the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- Choose Enable Dark Mode.
- The dark mode will be enabled on the Twitch app on your iPhone, IPad, or Android.
Furthermore, you can also open Twitch.tv in your browser. Then navigate to the top right-hand corner and click on your profile picture. From the drop-down activate the dark mode button. You will know that it is activated when colors on the Twitch website are all inverted.
Some Other Amazing Benefits of Using Twitch Dark Mode
Aside from the known advantage that turning Twitch to dark mode can help ease eye strain, it is also extremely helpful in saving power supply, mainly if you are using Twitch on your phone or iPad.
On the other hand, turning the feature into a dark mode on your gaming sites helps a lot in your lifestyle and relationship with your loved ones or friends, particularly when you find yourselves in low-light settings. For example, if your partner or spouse is in bed sleeping, you may want to use the dark theme to give off less light and not cause any distraction to the person next to you.
It is already gaining ground that a user will make his experience using Twitch app via dark mode more appealing, especially during late-night Twitch watch parties. Whether you are using Twitch on your PC (through Firefox, Edge, Chrome, or other browsers) or phone, dark mode makes the entire UI more attractive to your gaming mood.
Since the settings option is readily available in the first drop-down menu, you can enable or disable the dark mode feature as often as you would like.
Meanwhile, popular Twitch user DanTDM came up with somewhat hilarious yet thought-provoking insight on the use of dark mode in the Twitch app. In his Twitch.tv account, DanTDM, who has 1.7 followers, wrote: “If the stream is marked for Mature Audiences, has ‘Dark Mode’ in the title and the webcam has ‘Dark Mode’ written on it, this means that the stream content is intended for Teen+. Please be aware of this before viewing the stream if you are younger.”
Interesting Facts About Twitch
- Twitch has been known as the holder of the world’s biggest live stream audience title.
- In 2017 alone, a total of 436,000 viewers watched together the premiere of Bungie and Activision’s Destiny 2.
- Twitch regularly organizes Twitch Rivals, an e-sports tournament where streamers can bag cash prizes of up to $4,000.
- The Twitch logo, known as The Glitch, has a vibrant purple to show how vibrant its online community.
- Twitch streams constitute more than three times the traffic in the United States of America than in any other country.
- Russia is ranked second in terms of the number of visitors checking the Twitch platform, with a rate of 6.66 percent.
- Twitch receives traffic from more than 249 countries.
- Some 35 percent of Twitch users watch streams on their mobile phones.