Migrating to a different country is not just about packing up your things and getting on a plane. You will encounter dozens of legal problems along the way, and if we are thinking of the worst-case scenario, these problems may even hinder your transfer. In addition, of course, you will be living in a different country, and laws vary per place, which is why it is understandable if you are not an expert on the laws of the country you are planning to migrate to.
Nevertheless, you must have someone with you who does, and in most cases, that person is an immigration lawyer. With that said, this article will tackle everything you need to know about immigration lawyers.
What Is An Immigration Lawyer?
An immigration lawyer is a legal expert specializing in immigration law for various countries. He or she will make sure that your transfer will go as smoothly as possible since the legal parameters of your migration will be reviewed for you. As we have previously stated, a country’s laws may be difficult to navigate through, which is why immigration lawyers are hired.
Applying for citizenship in a foreign country is a tedious and stressful task. It also comes with a high possibility of rejection. On the other hand, having an immigration lawyer will increase the chances of your approval since they will be fighting for your case. They will see to it that your application for residency will be approved and that you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of being a citizen in your chosen country.
What Can An Immigration Lawyer Do For Me?
As we have previously mentioned, an immigration lawyer will handle all the legal matters in your migration, but to take a microscopic view, here is a list of some of the various tasks that an immigration lawyer does for you:
- Immigration lawyers analyze the law, your rights, situation possibilities, and the best strategies for you to have an immigration process that is as stress-free as possible.
- In order to save you some time, immigration lawyers prepare the paperwork you need in order to migrate. This would entail the various forms you need to submit. Immigrations lawyers will guide you in organizing your personal papers such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, student records, and more.
- Immigration lawyers do a final check on your forms before submission. They ensure that all the information you have given is correct and verified. This is a crucial part because even just one inconsistency can already result in the rejection of your citizenship application.
- Another advantage to immigration lawyers is their experience and expert opinion. They handle migration cases all the time. With that being said, they know what to expect from immigration offices. They also know the process more than anyone and can give you the best strategy. Moreover, they will be able to solve whatever legal problems come up.
When Do I Need An Immigration Lawyer?
Although the benefits given by an immigration lawyer are great, there are still cases wherein you will do fine without one. On the other hand, there are cases wherein consulting an immigration lawyer is a must so that you will avoid bigger legal matters. Among those situations are:
- If you are unsure about your eligibility for citizenship
- If you are in need of any discretionary relief that entails having to persuade the immigration authorities to approve your claim
- If you have accomplished all the requirements but your citizenship application is still encountering problems.
- If you encounter an emergency during an immigration process
- If you have been deported and wish to return
- If you have been notified that your application was rejected
- If you already have a rejected application in the past
- If you are migrating due to employment offers but your employer has not provided you with the proper migration assistance.
- If you are having a hard time managing all the papers needed for the application process
So, Should I Hire An Immigration Lawyer?
If you want your immigration process to go as smoothly as possible, then it is definitely best to hire an immigration lawyer. Given the numerous benefits stated in this article, you are given an idea of how much an immigration lawyer will be able to help you with your citizenship. In addition to that, it is always good to be able to consult with someone regarding the legal matters of your transfer for immigration advice service. You should also take note of the situations mentioned that would require you to have an immigration lawyer.