During the study period at a university, as a student, one needs to write academic papers which are normally thesis, assignments, essay papers, research papers or analysis papers for a particular unit. The main reason as to why students write these papers is to convey their thoughts, ideas, and opinions by putting them down on a paper explaining them logically with a clear argument. However, there are quite a number of students who for writing their essay, or any college writing jobs, seek help online.
The main aim of writing an essay is to prove that you can think critically, do thorough research, assemble information, scrutinize them and finally write an argument based on your own opinion going beyond what you have learned in class sessions. Here are tips on how to write an essay from choosing a good topic to the final edit requirements.
Choose A Good Topic
In a lot of cases your lecturer tends to provide you with a list of topics to choose from, but in the near future, you might need to select a topic on your own. Always choose a topic that interests you a lot. Create ideas and narrow them down to a topic. Don’t select broad topics but select a detailed question and write about it. The best way is to write down your idea as a question, in this way you will be able to catch your reader’s attention. Here is how one can discover to have achieved a successful topic.
- Set questions that do not have only one answer but multiple answers.
- Always consider your audience because they care so much about the answers you table out to the questions.
- Your written work bestows a new perspective to the reader, and the topic will motivate your readers to stick around and read your work.
Conceptualize on All Your Ideas
With this step, you will have to jot down on all your opinions, questions and any information affiliated to your topic. This step permits you to understand the information you have gathered on the topic and the information you might need to add on or remove. Through conceptualizing one is able to keep his or her own ideas intact.
Do Your Research
This is the most fundamental part you will have to engage yourself during your writing process. If you continue with your research and find out that it is leading you in a totally different direction, you can always change your topic. Here are some of the most important things you will have to keep in mind while doing your research.
- First, you will have to create a strategy before starting your writing task.
- Strictly follow a stipulated schedule. Create preliminary research, begin working on your essay and finally go back to your process if need be.
- Note down about your sources.
Write Your Essay Statement
This is the most fundamental step whereby you will have to provide your readers with the main idea in your essay. Things to include in your essay statement.
- The main idea.
- Your own opinion, so that when someone reads it, he/she should be able to understand the main aim of your thesis.
- It should answer research questions.
- It should be very clear to your readers.
Create a Good Outline
With an outline, you will be able to spend very little time writing your essay, and you won’t be able to forget any important details. When creating an outline always keep in mind that it contains three main sections and that is: The Introduction, Body Part and finally the Conclusion.
Create Your First Draft
When creating your first draft strictly follow your outline. Avoid paying attention to any misprints, grammar and anything that might be a distraction. Make sure to avoid plagiarism at all costs. Write your argument based on your own opinion but not someone else’s.
Revise Your Essay Work
After creating your first draft make sure to revise your essay through the following steps.
- Get opinions from either your classmates, relatives or friends.
- Make sure you have followed strictly the requirements that were stipulated by your lecturer.
- Ensure your outline matches your draft.
- Reread your essay work and ensure that your body is compatible with your selected topic.
Edit Your Essay Work
When writing a homework essay always make sure to edit your work before submission. You can reread your work thoroughly paying attention to redundant words, misprints, repetition and correct them. Check for any spelling and grammar mistakes and correct them with the help of online sources. Finally, ensure each of your sentence structures is in proper shape.
Proofread Your Work
Always proofread your work and check for any minor mistakes. You can even do the same online.
To conclude, writing an essay is a serious process that needs quite a lot of time from planning to creating and finally revising. Above detailed discussion are secrets on how to write good custom college papers for better grades.